I admit that it is highly unfair of me, but I voted that it's the man's job/responsibility to put the seat down after using it. There is absolutely nothing worse than trudging into the bathroom at 3 a.m., eyes still shut, only to find icy cold water where you expected a seat and air! And it's just not in my habit to check to see if the seat is down.

But I do admit that this isn't necessarily a fair expectation on my part. Thankfully, my husband was raised with two sisters, so he's in the habit of putting the seat back down. So is my son. I think a big part of it, too, is that the bathroom looks much tidier with the lid closed. Nothing gives me wiggins more than when I enter a public restroom (usually of the gas station variety) to see that the toilet seat has been left up. If at all possible, I try to back out of the room without touching anything and find another facility.

Now, as for the toilet paper...can anyone out there explain to me how my college-educated, fairly common-sensical and very capable husband cannot manage to actually put the new roll of toiler paper on the dispenser but rather leaves it sitting on the back of the toilet or floor or nearby with the empty paper tube left useless?

It's a mystery, I tell you.

wink
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah