That's a very interesting idea, Tank. It would certainly save on time and costs. The only drawback I can imagine off the top of my head is someone with dial-up might find it tedious to download and some might have downloading problems.

But we could always get around that by having the DVD on standby and if anyone encountered problems dl from the site they could get it by mail. It would still be a saving anyway, I think.

And actually, although while trawling around the net looking for music videos and fanfic I often have dl problems here and there, I think here in FoLCdom our sites are pretty stable and don't have many of those problems. That's been my experience, anyway. So problems dl from a site would be minimal, I think.

Unless, the techies out there can foresee problems with a password? The Stargate forum where I'm currently getting my episode dls has a system where you have to post 10 posts to the forum before you get access to the dls. They do this by having the folder that contains the dls invisible. It only appears when you make the 10 posts. So this kind of thing seems to be possible, albeit I have no idea how difficult it is.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers