I realized I had to answer "other" on the first question... I don't think there are any authors right now whom I regularly work with. Or if there are, they're not writing much goofy I tend to beta for a particular story, not the author, if that makes sense, though I do tend to stick with the same group of authors. And I often get these jobs by begging laugh You remember, Yvonne... "Hey, loved that sneak peek of Damaged, are you writing any more, do you need a beta reader, I work cheap, hint, hint?"

My only real regular beta reader is my friend Claire Hess -- she doesn't post to the boards much these days, but she's been a FOLC for almost as long as I have. I first met her right after the airing of "Contact," as I recall... she showed up to a FOLC dinner at a restaurant wearing tin foil on her head goofy We knew right away we'd love her <g> And she's been a terrific help with pretty much everything I've written over the past four years.

I've also got a number of friends who sign on to beta a story here or there. I often use this as a form of revenge laugh "Well, if you want me to write it that badly, you can bloody well help!" So beware of nagging me wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K