I am not sure I know what "Adkins Advantage" is, but I do know that the Adkins diet (lots of protien, 0 carbs, lots of fat) has some horrible consequences on the body. They say it's *good* to put your body into ketosis. It is NEVER good to change your body chemistry no matter what. (I know this from experience -- when my mom first got sick, she found a very similar diet on the internet for ulcerative colitis sufferers). My mom almost went into kidney failure and her liver is still behaving weirdly a year later. Everyone at the hospital asked if she was doing the adkins diet -- because they said that they see a lot of cases were people got sick from the adkins diet.

Plus, a girl in my sorority is on the Adkins diet, and she's lost almost all of her hair on the top of her head. I am not sure if it is a coincidence or if it is somehow caused by the change in body chemistry.

- Laura

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve