Okay, let's see if I can answer these without being at a graphical IRC client... (not supposed to use IRC at work? let linux become your new best friend.)

To send a file in mIRC, right-click on the person's name, click on send file, browse the file, click on open, and hope it goes. In ircle, click on the person's name, and if you have the DCC button in the userlist, click on that. If not, click on Commands at the top, then click on DCC Send. For a command-line dcc send, type in /dcc send <nick> <filename>.

Hrm. To play a sound to everyone, it's /sound <channel> <sound>. To yourself, its /splay. I think. Dunno if this works on all clients.

As for the club, I'm not sure, but does it start with "Swear to god that we're writing..." somethign something something? huh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited