Originally posted by Matrix:
Sorry to hear how you feel about Moffat. I always kind of liked his writing. Are you my mummy? Loved that. And The Girl in the Fireplace, Blink, and Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead are some of my favorite episodes.
Ironically, those are some of my favorite, too! Girl in the Fireplace and Silence in the Library being my absolute favorites. I really liked Moffat's writing while RTD was in control, but once Moffat took over something changed, and try as I might (and I tried REALLY hard) I just couldn't get into it.

And I struggled with Matt at first, too. Letting go of David was so hard! Ten is forever MY Doctor.

The thing I love about Donna is that she isn't in love with The Doctor. She doesn't fawn over him, or stumble after him blindly. She demands to be treated as his equal (and for a little while there, she was). She's his companion because she's learned so much, and because she cares so deeply for the people they've helped. Not to mention, she's the reason Wilf was around! And Wilf is the beeeest. I don't think a show has ever made me cry as hard as I did when her time as a companion ended!

And it's nice to see you around, too! I didn't know you still lurked here. Go figure, since I do. wink

"Lois Lane is Clark Kent's Superman." - Brian Miller