Same as you, Sue. Sounds like a bait and switch to me. Contact his manager. He made the mistake, he admitted he made the mistake, and you shouldn't have to pay for it. If they still insist, I would go higher up in the company until they cave. And they will, you weren't in the wrong, they were.

I had an insurance company go a few rounds with me when I brought my new husband onto my health insurance plan when we were first married. They insisted that they couldn't recognize our marriage certificate because we weren't married in the states. After a few phone calls, I pulled "if it (the foreign marriage certificate) was good enough for the US government, why isn't it good enough for you?" That shut them up and I never had another problem with them again.

Sometimes the big corporations think they can do whatever they want because they are big. But stand up to them and the rest of us will start sewing up a big giant "S" crest for your chest. (That of course, would be for your "Super Sue" uniform. laugh )

thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.