Deadly Chakram:
Part of why I could never get into Smallville was because it was the "pre-Superman" days o Clark.
Yeah, that was my beef with Smallville as well---but the 'Lois Seasons' (Season 4, and their relationship really moves ahead Season 8) are worth watching... I finally started watching it just this year and then had to go back and suffer through the whole series--Seasons 1-4 aren't worth it, really, and season 7 is heavy on Lana drama, so I'd avoid those eps and just watch the ones with Lois... And, as they develop the L&C relationship, the writers were obviously influenced by 'our' L&C. There are a few moments that even seem taken directly from the show... Also Erica Durance (who plays Lois) really gets and loves the character. They sometimes give her crappy lines or out-there character traits (Lois loves Whitesnake and monster truck rallies, huh?), but she makes them all work!

I admit, I've never been a comics girl. So I don't know much of the Superman stories outside of the movies and LnC. But this whole "new" spin on Superman reeks something awful to me.
I'm not a comics girl either, but I'm realizing you can't ignore them because they influence what ends up in mass-media TV and movies.

I think having Clark married actually makes it a little harder for him to maintain his dual identities. He's got more responsiblity that way. He's a superhero, a reporter AND a husband. LnC did an excellent job of portraying just how hard it was for Clark once he started getting close to Lois.
I totally agree! That struggle was a big part of the interest in their relationship---how does Clark manage to keep all the balls in the air, so to speak.

Sounds to me like a couple of crabby fanboys who don't really understand the dynamics of a marriage
laugh My thoughts exactly!

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink