No offense to its supporters, but the "Chlois" theory used to give me nose bleeds and I could go on for pages why the theory made no logical sense, but that's for other sites, ones where I spent way too much time in threads devoted to the topic. In the end the entire theory proved to be a moot point anyway.

As for Chloe, in my opinion she had potential as a love interest for the first season, but her behavior at the end of the second season culminating in her betrayal of Clark ruined the character for me. Also, I liked Erica's Lois and as the show went on I kept liking her more and more until she became one of my favorite on-screen portrayals of the character so, any other romantic pairing for Clark left me cold.

The main reason I stopped thinking about Chloe though was really for other reasons entirely. Once she learned the secret I think her character jumped the shark. She became the proverbial deus ex machina and I just felt that they shoe-horned her into too many storylines to spoon-feed Clark the answers to that week’s dilemma. I realize that the writers didn’t want to show Clark as all-powerful and that Chloe gave them a human foil to explain things not to mention a convenient method to move the plot along, but it got to be almost a joke how she would save Clark every other episode while simultaneously hacking into NORAD with her laptop. She was just too over-the-top.

Finally, her behavior in seasons 8 and 9 sealed my opinion of her and I honestly thought for awhile that they were going to turn her evil. Ironically, that would probably have saved her character for me because at least that would have been interesting. Instead she just seemed to linger with no point and we lost who I thought was a pretty good Jimmy.

Did is a word of achievement
Won't is a word of retreat
Might is a word of bereavement
Can't is a word of defeat
Ought is a word of duty
Try is a word of each hour
Will is a word of beauty
Can is a word of power

--Author Unknown