I don't go on holiday that often so I have no idea, but me and a friend were discussing maybe going to Scotland in 2012 to get away from the Olympics.
That would be interesting most people want to stick around. As someone who experienced living in the Olympic host city it was a great experience so many people from all over the world to meet. I also remember when the Olympics were over going down to the airport and watching the planes take off (something I love doing during the summer one of Sydney airport's runways extends into the bay so it's really refreshing to be there) I saw so many airlines for the first time including a Russian jet. I guess growing up in a sports mad country also helped I think I was about 8 when they announced Sydney as the host city and even watched the announcent live with my mum and brother. Did I also mention that my then maths teacher also carried the Olympic torch during one part of it's journey through Sydney?

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller