I didn't make it clear enough that I do download some stuff--in fact, I have more stuff downloaded than I will ever be able to read.

I have an app called Goodreader that cost only $.99 that allows you to download large .txt and .pdf files. That is the only one I have used so far to download LnC fanfic, and it worked just fine.

I've also downloaded dozens of free books to the Kindle app, and I've bought two Kindle books from Amazon because I was doing research and wanted to use them right away. (The Kindle books on the iPod often lack illustrations, so I generally prefer to buy the paper book. I don't know what they look like on an actual Kindle.) The file transfer was very smooth, and the Kindle app remembers where you stopped when you were reading the book.

The app I've used the most this week is called Chirp!USA. It plays birdsongs and I was using it to identify the Carolina wrens nesting in my geraniums outside the front door.

I love my iPod. The only aggravation is having to charge it--if you use it online the battery only lasts about 6 hours. I use a wall charger next to my nightstand. Plus the onscreen keyboard is small so I make spelling mistakes when I type on it. But the spellcheck works pretty well.