Carol, good luck from me, too, in losing.

Cookiesmom and Lynn, chocolate shakes are wonderful things at any time of day! wink I especially love Rite Aid Mint n Chip Ice Cream blended with Hershey's Syrup and Milk. Yummy stuff. laugh

Karen, thanks for the info on WildTangent. I am still glad this time the Geek Squad removed it before I brought the PC home. This Scan, thankfully, did not find any viruses. Yay.

Chaos and Marcus, thank you both for the added OpenOffice/Word info.

2 questions:

I took a chance and tried my first disk of Office 2000. It was a little slow to download but did so. I tried my Flash Drive, it worked, opened everything on it. (word files) However, when going to the Computer File, it did not seem to register that I had documents on my Flash Drive. I think it said something like 1.86 of 1.86 available. I assumed that meant trouble, so I un-installed.

I then installed OopenOffice. I again tried my Flash Drive, it worked but will not open any of my Word documents. Does this mean I need to re-try the old Office 2000? I was always told that as long as I didn't open Outlook there'd be no trouble with it, if that was the main concern on the old version.

What should I do? I would still prefer to nix O.O. and stick with the old Word because I am familiar with it but again don't want to risk the pc.

Thank you so much (again). I really do appreciate all everyone's advice on this.

Mona