Just thought I would mention that the peanut butter from the US is much more smooth than what I was used to in Australia/New Zealand.
I can't get the Aussie crunchy or super crunchy peanut butter here in HK (my kids LOVE peanut butter), but the US 'crunchy' brands I have tried have very little peanut bits in it at all and are mostly just the smooth 'butter' part. (In Oz I can get a crunchy peanut butter that is mostly chunks smile )

In NZ peanut butter sandwiches were common at school, and in my day the popular flavours were 'Peanut butter with chips - I think you call them Crisps in other parts of the world' and peanut butter with strawberry or raspberry jam. Failing that we did the good old Fairy bread sandwiches (which are hundreds and thousands sprinkles on buttered bread).

My daughter takes peanut butter sandwiches to school once in a while here, although the 'norm' in HK schools is stir fried noodles or fried rice cooked in the morning and put in a little thermos pot that keeps it hot until lunch.

"He's my best friend, best of all best friends
Do you have a best friend too
It tickles in my tummy
He's so Yummy Yummy
Hey you should get a best friend too" - Toy Box