I don't have kids, so I can't speak to how popular peanut butter is over here, but certainly we've been aware of it for decades and it has been on sale for that length of time.

I don't recall eating it much as a kid myself, but that would probably mainly have been that neither I nor my brother particularly liked it. I do have a vague memory of Mum buying it at least once, though. But it quickly vanished from the weekly shopping list thereafter.

Jelly over here is jam, AFAIK. Jelly is that wobbly thing you use in desserts. (Jello?) Strawberry jam was always the most popular flavour - but whether that's still true I have no clue. Haven't eaten jam in years.

I don't think it's necessarily imported. Certainly, most supermarkets in the UK will sell their own brand versions, among other brands.

That probably doesn't answer your question much. <G> I'm kind of curious to here what those with kids say, actually.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers