Following Roger completely off the T1-T4 discussion:
That's basically like changing L&C into the "Adventures of Alt-Clark" and then creating a sequel called "The Further Adventures of Alt-Clark."
I suppose you could see it that way, Roger. On the other hand, I sort of see it as like most of the fanfic about L&C. Very few fanfic writers write within canon, so almost every story in the archives is a variant of the original series, like the latest ST movie is a variant of ST: TOS. Since no more episodes of the original series are being made, I'd rather have all this variant fanfic than nothing at all, even though I am one of the ones who would rather see nothing but stories in canon--either ones that could fit between eps or ones that follow the series.

I really feel that the fanfic relationship to L&C is the same thing as this new Trek to the previous series/movies. However, since none of the L&C fic replaces the original series for me, I assume that none of the new Trek movies will replace the original Trek universe for those to whom it matters.

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/