I kind of liked T3 even though the entire movie was a futile attempt to prevent Skynet from causing the holocaust. It was a nice twist at the end where they were directed into a bunker, guaranteeing that John Connor would survive to lead the resistance. On the efforts of those who died trying to prevent the holocaust, they weren't entirely unsuccessful. While their goal was to prevent Skynet from taking over, they also had a second goal of saving John. In that, their efforts were quite successful.

Now if that T4 rumor is true, that's spitting in the face of those characters. In any event, I don't think I'll watch it, if at all, until it comes to cable.

Sorry to hijack this thread further but...

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

On the Star Trek re-imaging, J.J. Abrams has basically said that this revision has freed them from the constraints of the old series and that they are now able to do just about anything with the original series characters. Given the success of this Star Trek movie, it looks like a sequel is inevitable and will likely include these new Kirk-era characters. If that is indeed the case, the rest of the Trek universe is essentially moot and the movies will move forward, making the alternative timeline the new current timeline. That doesn't preclude them from using the original universe in the future but that doesn't look likely any time soon. And once they are more set in the current alt-universe, it becomes less and less likely we'll ever see a movie or series based in the original timeline. That would be tragic, IMO.

That's basically like changing L&C into the "Adventures of Alt-Clark" and then creating a sequel called "The Further Adventures of Alt-Clark."

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin