I agree with your feelings about T4. That's terrible, and if that rumor/spoiler is real, I have no desire to watch the movie, either.

Re the latest Star Trek movie, it didn't invalidate any of the series because Spock Prime made it very clear at the end that

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

the intrusion of the 2 ships through that lightning storm created an alternate timeline, so we weren't watching the characters from "our" future, but ones from an alternate future in which Kirk's father was killed immediately after his birth. So, essentially, it would be like our watching the adventures of the alt-Clark instead of those of our L&C. Nothing that happens in that alt-reality affects what happens in "our" reality.

E

N

D

O

F

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Since we're dealing with time travel, you could view it as another possible future. I watched T3, but I have to tell you, I don't believe it. In my little world, the sacrifices made by the ones who were sent back to stop the Terminators in T1 and T2 prevented that future from ever occurring. That nuclear war never happened, so no Terminators were eventually developed. Our heroes saved the world. I just washed T3 out of my head as one of Sarah's nightmares. wink

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/