Bill Clinton will also head downwards as his presidency will be seen as entirely irrelevant, having done nothing in his eight years in office but allow the seeds of al Qaeda to grow through his inaction.
I agree that it is far too early to really judge George W. Bush's impact as a President, but I think you are also far too quick to dismiss Bill Clinton, Roger. Yes, I agree that those historians are nothing more than a bunch of people having an opinion - a somewhat more informed opinon than the average Joe, but just an opinion, nevertheless. Still, I think it's worth pointing out that those historians like Clinton better now than they did eight years ago, and they rate his international dealings higher than they did in 2000. In the category 'International relations' Clinton is at number 16, well above average for an American President, and five places higher than eight years ago.

Ronald Reagan is at number 8 on this particular list, George H.W. Bush is at number 9 and Richard Nixon is at number 11. All well-deserved, because these three Presidents performed admirably when it comes to international relations, if you ask me. I agree that Reagan, Bush Senior and Nixon all out-performed Bill Clinton in this particular category.

George W. Bush, however, is number 41 on this list, with only William Henry Harrison, the President who almost wasn't there, behind him. Yes, I agree that future generations may take a completely different view of George W. Bush. But for all we know, their appreciation of Bill Clinton may continue to grow, too.

Ann