Thank you, Labby, for the defense of the Diet Coke drinkers! goofy You're exactly right.

And I'll agree with Roger, once you switch, you're switched. About 10 years ago, we decided to go diet in order to avoid the unreal amount of sugar that's in regular coke. Upon advice from a friend, we quit cold turkey and just started with the diet stuff. Tasted awful at first, but you do get used to it, and regular coke is now ick.

And I've got it even worse -- I'll drink Diet Coke and only Diet Coke. Diet Pepsi just isn't the same thing. If a restaurant only offers Pepsi products, I'll usually go with Sierra Mist. This makes me sad, sometimes, 'cause growing up I only drank Pepsi <g>

Same thing on the milk. We gradually moved down from 2% to 1% to 1/2%, and then gritted our teeth and switched to skim. Now anything else tastes weird (we have the kids on 2%), and I wouldn't even want to *try* drinking whole milk anymore. The colder the better, for me.

So, see there? I'm avoiding tons of sugar and fat a week, just by those changes I got used to years ago. No cost anymore, constant benefit... I'm a lot healthier than I thought I was! goofy

PJ
who never acquired a taste for coffee and now has a DC in the mornings, instead. smile

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K