Just to point out that religion can be a dangerous thing, which can be used to spread hate.
I can definitely see this. Religion, however, is an excuse, a shield, but definitely not the reason. After all, look at the Crusades, the Inquisition, Al-Queda, each committing violence in the name of religion. These sects should in no way be allowed to reflect the religion itself, and yet it happens so often. After all, look at how many people are scared of Muslims now, even though it's just one small sect.

One of my favorite movies, Dogma, addresses it nicely:

He still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the **** that gets carried out in His name - wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.
The WBC really is a fanatical group filled with stupid people. They, along with all of those other extremists, take what they want out of the Bible to fulfill their own agenda, and toss away the rest. They always seem to forget the love one another message, and "Judge not lest ye be judged". I think they're going to get a rude awakening in the afterlife. Too bad it won't help them out in this life.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited