Well. goofy ) and didn't stop till the credits.

I am so sad to see Donna go. But I note with some small hope how the way was written to have her come back. Perhaps. Wilf and her Mum know what happened and can revive her memories if necessary. I know the Doctor said that if that happened her brain would implode, but, hey, this is SF! A way can be found around that if they want to.

I always figured that CT would only do this season. She's still got a thriving career going outside the show. But the next season of DW is in 2010 - by that time, who knows? Perhaps she'll be ready to reprise her role.

I have hope we haven't seen the last of Donna, that's all I'm saying. laugh

Also...question. I noticed a kind of strange ring on Donna's finger when she was on the phone at the end. For some reason I'm missing, at least one review I've read of the finale thinks this could mean Donna is the Master. I'm blanking on any connection. I know there was that hand the plucked a ring out of the Master's funeral pyre, but the details escape me. Was it the same ring?

It's curious, I'll say that. And another sign, perhaps, that Donna still has adventures with the Doctor to come in the future? (Although, hopefully, not as the Master. <G>)

Yup, still hoping... wink

I have to say that, overall, this season has been the Doctor's finest for this viewer. I've enjoyed every single episode - with the exception of Midnight, which bored me to tears. Once again, Moffat's two parter, SITL/FOTD was the highlight for me - packed with amazing ideas and moments. But it was ably matched by RTD's finale arc. Episodes I'll watch again and again. Wonderful.

LabRat smile

PS - Wendy and Kae, I've been reading your blogs on the finale - agree with every word. laugh Thanks for the interesting reviews.

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers