I can't comment on AoGG because I never read them, but I have to agree completely with this from Hasini:

Personally, I thought this was merely because most people aren't very interested in reading about kids. Or the fact that once people fall into a steady pattern and routine that is necessitated by a marriage, a lot of the relationship issues we like to explore have already been resolved. The thing about having a happily ever after is that they're boring to other people.
When I went through my phase of reading romance novels when I was a teenager I always used to hate it when the author married the characters off at the end and gave them kids - that always spelled the death of romance to me. laugh

I have to qualify that personally to say that I actually have never minded reading married LNC fic. Heck, even wrote a few myself. Next Gen/kidfic is probably at the bottom of my list to read, still, though. I'm very much in Tank's camp on that one. wink Minus the odd exception here and there through the years, I'd much rather read about a married LNC who have still to become a family or an unmarried LNC.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers