James,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I just happened to visit this thread and caught on.

Through personal experiences I have found that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. My grandmother used to tell us, "Take it to the Lord and leave it there. Don't call him, don't email him or *69. Don't text message him...just leave it." For someone who was not up on the latest technology I found her comment pretty funny...but true.

It was all in reference to my seven year old daughter who was born at 28 weeks, 2# 8oz and subsequently has Cerebral Palsy. We got the sermon of gloom preached to us from the medical staff when we took her home after 3 months in the hospital. She would probably not walk, talk...blah...blah...blah. My grandmother asked if wee were going to believe that doctor's prognosis or Dr. Jesus. I will always remember that. I just prayed to let God's will be done because he knows what we can handle.

Well my daughter, Christina, is 7, scary smart (she's been here before according to my mother). She is an amazing little girl. My husband and son and I treat her like a normal child and she does everything for herself. She walks like Frankenstein, but with therapy and ballet, we're helping that. She talks, runs, feeds herself, potty trained...all in a pretty normal time frame. She is in 2nd grade and goes to a little Catholic School here in Savannah. She's one of the smartest in her class. She doesn't know she has a disability.

My grandmother is long gone now...4 years...but I was convinced that she had a red phone to God (like Batman has to the commissioner).

Just keep Grandma Eula's words of wisdom in mind. She's always around me and I'm willing to share her. wink

~Sheila

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.