My husband came across this name...and it IS real. Theodorus Van Everdink.

I can't believe someone would name their kid Superman. It's soooo bad. I'm still shaking my head.

I used to want to name my kids, if I have any, Rowan, Allwyn, Owen (I've heard it as a boy or girl),Haydn or Rohan. After family members and/or a combo of my name and my husand's. One sprurs fond memories as a child and no not from LOTR.

Now I can't use Rohan because of course LOTR. Rowan is becoming popular and I'm miffed about that. I love Arwyn and Éowyn but of course I can't now because of LOTR too. I love different names, or names that seem different but are not to me (would probably be a better way of putting it). Should I risk it and just name them what I want anyways?

My name is Ruth as some of you know (if anyone reads my posts) and I hated going through life with that name. My mum, former hippie, refused to name me something like Summer, Echo or Moon Beam like the others she hung out with incase I wanted to be a serious accountant or lawyer (ah she dreamt). Sometimes I wish I had a name 'weird' like that because if someone tells me one more time that it's an old lady's name or calls me Ruthie (and proceeds to tease me) I'll just wallbash She was going to call me Cody or Roo, but figured she should stay with something small and easy to spell to try and not tramatize me to much. I know I would have suffered trauma either way and I just like the weird names b/c of my normal one.

After calling her "Heather She Who Must Not Be Named" a few times, I've officially shortened it to "Heather Voldemort." She likes it!
That's cool!

However, after getting married and adding on my husband's name to my own, I do get a lot of compliments on my name now. HAHA.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.