I'll tell you what I tell the parents of all my 2 year olds with colds...push the fluids, just flush the heck out of that cold. Beyond that, everything is symptomatic treatment - you can definitely try the vitamin C (I'm a big fan). Another thing I've heard of for colds is Zinc - they were selling sinc tablets (orange flavored) there for a while.

Then I'd say, Vicks vapor rub, Robitussin or Nyquil, and Tylenol as you need it. Decongestants can be good too (Nyquil has some in it already).

The garggling with salt water IS an old trick that we tell people for sore throats - just don't swallow it or it'll make you nauseous as all heck. Sucking on cough drops can help too - not while you're trying to sleep though! Choking hazard!

And PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! no antibiotics for colds!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! I implore you!! Breeding raging strands of resitant, evil, mutant bacteria!!!!
/me steps down off of soap box! cool

Oh, and my mom used to make me take a tablespoon-ful of lemon juice and honey for sore throats - don't know if it did anything, but it tasted good. <g>

Hope you feel better soon, Andie!
Jill goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage