It's frustrating to read about a great episode, and then have to wait 1,5-2 years to see it yourself.
For some reason, this reminded me of another point about TV companies making you wait months/years for US shows.

Take SG1. When the new season starts, I want to be able to watch the episodes and discuss them with other fans, right there and then. It becomes more difficult to do that when it's shown in the US in, say, July, and in the UK in October. Not impossible, but it's not the same. By the time we've seen the episode and hop onto the forum to talk about it, the US fans have long since moved on and aren't interested in the main in discussing it any more. And if you're in a country that's got even more of a delay than the UK and are years behind, you've got no chance.

So, downloading also allows me - and I'm sure many other fans - to experience the whole spectrum of fan involvement and sharing the experience to the full. Something that TV companies prevent us from doing because of the time lag in distribution.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers