There are many levels of J/S ship, I've discovered over the years. For myself, I wouldn't like to see any real resolution to the relationship on screen. I enjoy the subtle, low-key ship they've had over the years. Although I will confess that S4 - when they went all out with the ship - is my favourite season of all. Just to be perverse. <g> Really though, at the end of the day, so long as I know that at some point in the future, Jack and Sam end up together and living happily ever after, I'll be content. I don't have to see that resolution on screen though.

As for S9:

SPOILERS AHEAD:

- I'll admit to some trepidation and anxiety about how things will pan out. Not just because of the introduction of BB's character, Cameron Mitchell. There are just so many changes coming in all at once and that's always a very tough thing to pull off in a show.

And a few of them I tend to see as a mistake at the moment. I think it's a huge mistake to bring in not one but two big names from another successful SF show. Plus, although I really enjoyed the episode, I wasn't intrigued enough with Vala in Prometheus Unbound that I'm keen to see her in the first five episodes of S9.

And I've always said that if they had to get rid of Janet Frasier [a huge mistake all on its own imo], then replacing her with another white female Chief MO is an error.

Then there's a new CO, the shift in mythology to Arthurian legend - which seems offkey and out of kilter with the show's premise right now, the fact that we'll be missing not just Jack but Carter for the first five episodes of the season...a lot of change to sit still for.

But, on the whole, I'm hoping my misgivings will be proved groundless and certainly if they do it right and ease in the new characters and plots with skill and care, making sure they stay true to the show, then it's going to be an exciting year ahead.

I just don't know how I'm going to cope with the absence of Jack and, by logical extension I guess, unless they're very clever, the absence of J/S ship, too.

Still, guess these uncertainties are what make life fun. <G>

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers