L
O

I
T
S

ALIVE!

Originally posted by Krissie:
[QB]
Did anyone else spend the first half of the book wondering when the plot was going to kick in and then suddenly think, 'Duh! This is the plot?' The pacing seemed a little 'off' somehow -- but that may well have been me.
Kinda sort of. I kept expecting the whole book to be at Hogwarts like the others, and then I finally had my 'duh' moment. The first half was by no means bad, I just didn't predict the setting correctly.

Oddly, the death didn't do much for me. Maybe it was because that was the part that had been hyped so much, maybe it was who died, or maybe it was the fact that it happened so [not saying more]... I don't know. However, I felt that Cedric's death in Goblet actually was more powerful.
Yeah, I agree. And there's something about Harry dragging a dead body back with him after battle in Book 4 that's a whole lot more powerful for me. COUGH's death in OotP was extremely sad for me because COUGH was my favorite character, but battle-wise, it wasn't the biggest thing. If it was some random character that I had no attachments to, it would have been like, "Oh, well, so n so's dead, let's get on with it."

Oh, and Prisoner of Azkaban remains my favourite.
Ah, I still can't pick after 5 books!

Jen :p

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy