Story of my life (the sometimes late thingy, I mean wink )

Ok, again the ideal thing would be a pic (Just teasing you a bit, I'll wait patiently for you to post them or send them), the even better thing would be to be able to see them '3D', but a pic would do.

I have absolutely no clue so far (visual thingy again), though golden decorated items are making a come back....BTW, acid gold decorated or just applied gold? I mean, are there parts of the glassware where the gold have slightly disappeared? and do the gold part also stressed a decor shape?

Too bad you don't have a clue on a possible date of purchase, if not a manufacture one. Here I know such gold decorated "services" (with multiple pieces) where usually 1970's, but again, it could be 1847's, depends on the manufacturer (though the 1847 example applied to french luxuous brands...copies can exist but those are usually easily spottable)...here, the decor you describe seems rather modern except for the etched part.

And now I realise I made you re-write the entire description of your service (blamey, blamey, blamey).

For the method of manufacture, I'll make it simple, though it's not the only criteria:

Mouthblown: usually the base of the stem shows with the round mark of the 'stick' that the glass blower used,. can look like a default or as if the glass was a bit broken at the base, but it's not. But mouthblown it's a thing you 'see', like the rest...can't really explain it.

Mechanical: you see a thin discreet line, usually in the middle of the piece that shows like the two half part of the glass were 'glued' together.

Industrial: the piece is in one shape, and seems perfect, but usually the quality of the glass and the absence of mouthblown mark on the base tells you it's industrial and not mouthblown.

it's the coloured berries decor that strikes me here...I'll tell you if I come up with something more helpful.

Carole

PS: and catch Stuart!!! LOL smile1