Never too late, Cyad. The help is appreciated. Still waiting for Stuart to take pictures (the story of my life) but I'll gee him up and try posting them here later in the week if I can.

They're glass not crystal and clear glass but with gold patterned onto the glass. I'd say etched, but that's probably entirely the wrong technical term. Could be painted, I guess.

On the sherry goblets, the gold is worked in bands of differing thicknesses to the point where not much of the clear glass beneath shows on the goblet parts. Just very thin strips between the gold banding. I call them sherry goblets btw because that's all I can imagine them being, but that's just a guess. They're very small and delicate. Their stems are twisted into a spiral, with a round, flat base with a gold rim.

The creamer set - the jug is what I would call Grecian in style - tall and fluted rather than being dumpy like a milk jug. The sugar bowl is a large bowl with a thick round base. Both are 'etched' with gold in a very stylised leaf pattern - just a few strokes here and there to give the impression of branches and leaves. Clusters of berries are represented by groups of five red dots and these are slightly raised off the surface of the clear glass base.

No idea as to the method of manufacture, I'm afraid.

I don't think they're genuine antiques because I haven't ever been able to find any makers' marks on them and I've garnered from researching the sites others have helpfully provided that most antique glass does have makers' marks, just like silver.

Anyway, thanks for helping out - I'll try and get those pictures posted ASAP. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers