So, an arc that not only has Lex Luthor, Lois rejecting Clark (more than once), Clark allowing her to go off with Lex, and Deter is just torture, pure and simple. And then to follow it with the high school reunion and then the NK arc, I feel as if I had been put through the wringer as a fan.
Yeah, it's a rough stretch, no doubt. I haven’t watched the ARGH episodes all the way through since I got my DVDs years ago, although I do end up rewatching certain scenes when I am vidding. I will say that Shea did very good work in that one scene in “Seconds” where he is facing down Clark with that crazy weapon. There’s a lot of drama there, with Lex knowing Clark’s true identity and facing him on that level, all the while displaying how much he hates Superman in forcing Clark to beg for the lives of his parents.

In addition to all that was wrong with Dr. Deter, it was also kind of nuts to add yet another man who was “in love” with Lois to the mix. I mean, she’s an awesome woman, yes, but Clark, Lex and this guy all falling at her feet? It just kind of reduced Lois to the “damsel in distress” whom everyone had to fight over. I felt as if she kind of lost her agency.