I, too, love this episode. We get to see Lois and Clark in Clark's comfort zone and Lois out of hers. Lois starts to see Clark as a real person, as a friend, and someone whom she'd really miss if he got shot and killed. Clark realizes that he's not all powerful and that a stupid green rock can hurt him. I think it's good for him, to have Lois start to like him while he's de-Super'd on Kryptonite, because it makes him see that he has more to offer her than just his super status.

There were some very fun characters introduced in this episode who sadly didn't make a reappearance during the whole NK takes over Smallville arc: Rachel Harris, Maisie, and even gruff Wayne Irig. I guess they didn't want to give away to those minor characters that CK=SM, so they must have been out of town. :rolleyes:

Also, Kal-El's spaceship makes its second reappearance since it disappeared from B39's warehouse in Strange Visitor. What happened after Trask was shot? Wouldn't the whole faux "EPA" camp be considered a crime scene? Or not, because the shooting happened over at the Kents as opposed to the Irigs? Is that how B39 were able to abscond with it yet another time? (so, that Mindy Church could pick up at an Evil Yard Sale in S3?) But they *did* kidnap Wayne and hold him at their camp, so that would make it a crime scene. So, I'm guessing it was being taken down as Trask was the Kent's, except after Lois gets freed by the EPA woman, Lois does mention on the CB that the camp was "empty". Was Trask the only member of B39 still at the Kents when he and Clark starting fighting? Did B39 abandon him and start breaking up camp (on or off Trask's orders)? So, my question was, how did B39 get away with Clark's spaceship, yet a second time? ( mecry Poor Clark.) I've always felt this left B39 open to come back and cause more problems for Clark/Superman and Lois, but sadly that storyline was dropped.

The one problem I had with this episode was the fact that the big chunk of Kryptonite exploded into dust directly over the Kent's pond, in which Clark then fell and fought Trask, and yet none of those fragments ever seemed to bother him or get into and poison the Kent's water table / well. I touch on both of these topics in Missing Lois (coming soon - and super G.E.'d! - to an Archives near you).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.