I love some episodes from season 4 (the first episodes and the middle of the season episodes) but I agree that many of them are baaaad. I think it wasn't because of the marriage. In my opinion the fake wedding, the clone argh and bad plots and writing were the responsible for the decline of the show.

I think the engagement was too soon. They had only one or two dates before the proposal. I would have liked more dating before the engagement. They could have dragged it out for one whole season and I'm sure the fans would have loved it.

I hated the clone episodes. I watch them sporadically, but I skip them most of the time. I didn't like even Lois's and Clark's behavior during those episodes.

In season 4 there are some that are laughable for the absurd and implausible storylines and villains - ghosts, Fat Head, Mr. Smith... oh, please, give me a break! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I hated all the episodes after AKA Superman. mad Beside stupid plots and storylines there was no romance to make it worthy watching. razz

So, I think the problem wasn't the marriage. We have amazing fics with Lois and Clark married. It's been over a decade since the show aired and still there are new and wonderful stories, many of them post-wedding. The problem was the bad writing and stupid plots.

Andreia (who thinks they should have fired the original writers and hired L&C authors to write the episodes) laugh

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15