In a recent thread in the nfic folder, Tooaddicted2tv posted a challenge. I thought the challenge was interesting, and since there was nothing "nficky" about it per se, and since many people here may not check out the nfic folder, I will post at least a part of Tooaddicted2tv's challenge here:

What if when the time came to tell Lois Lane the truth, about Clark Kent, it wasn't about being Superman, what if Clark was secretly married, what if when Clark came to tell Lois the truth, Lois had already figured out that Clark was Superman, but before she had a chance to confront him, he instead tells her he is married.
Interesting, isn't it? But the challenge received some negative response, since it was pointed out that Clark wouldn't actively pursue Lois if he was married to someone else. I agree with that. But isn't it possible to think that Clark might be trapped by his marriage? Have you read Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre? Young Jane is in love with Mr Rochester, who is unfortunately already married and who is trapped by his marriage. Also, Mr Rochester isn't honest with Jane about his marriage.

[Linked Image]

Mr Rochester.

Clark is no Mr Rochester. He would never do what Mr Rochester did. For all of that, though, isn't it possible to think that Clark might be trapped by a marriage that had gone horribly wrong? Isn't it possible to imagine that he might be on the run from his marriage? If that was the case, then obviously he wouldn't be actively pursuing Lois, of course. But what if he needed to work at the Daily Planet for one reason or another, and there he met Lois, and she fell in love with him? She would pursue him, and he would try to keep his distance from her, while he himself fell ever more deeply in love with her at the same time as he decided to use his powers in public as Superman.

I think that this is a very interesting challenge. I would love to see how Clark could be trapped as well as threatened by his marriage, and I would love seeing him being on the run from his wife and trying in vain not to fall in love with Lois.

Ann