I think it just depends on the story whether or not there should be a cure for kryptonite poisoning.

I haven't read this whole thread - I just glanced at it. But I have this to say (and this has been discussed on the boards before): I don't think that the word kryptonite should not be capitalized. While the word Krypton is capitalized because it's a planet, kryptonite is an element. Elements on the periodic table are not capitalized. Their abbreviations sometimes are capitalized, and sometimes they are capitalized in a periodic table but only to make it 'look' better. Even when named after a person or country that is capitalized, elements are not capitalized. We have elements named americium, europium, germanium, californium, rutherfordium, and curium (among others) named for (in the same order) the Americas, Europe, Germany, the State and University of California, some guy named Rutherford, and Marie and Pierre Curie. Even compounds like steel and bronze are not capitalized.

Here's a link for curium and one for californium .

This all makes more sense when you think that we don't capitalize the elements we are more familiar with like oxygen, potassium, sodium, calcium, gold, mercury, platinum, silicone, silver... Anyway, you get the idea.

But that's just my take on it. Some people disagree.

I've often wondered if Siegel and Shuster named the planet Krypton after the element krypton discovered in 1898.

But I suppose one could also go with the argument that since kryptonite is from meteorites from the planet Krypton that it should be capitalized. There are some famous meteorites with names like the Hoba meteorite and the Williamette meteorite. So does that mean that kryptonite could correctly be called the Krypton meteorite (or meteorites)?

Okay, that's enough of my silliness.

rotflol

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~