I think that kryptonite belongs to Superman like a Ring to Green Lantern. Without Kryptonite, Superman would have abilities like a god, and he'd be practically unstoppable. Of course, there are other weaknesses, magic and the aura of a red sun in the comics, hypnosis or an attack on his super-senses in the series. But kryptonite would lose its value - both in currency and in its value as a plot device - if you could find it everywhere.

If kryptonite was too common, Clark would get into the habit of X-raying his surroundings - especially if crooks are involved - before barging in. If he found kryptonite, which is habitually found in a lead-lined box, he'd seal it first with his heat vision before making an (obvious) appearance.

So, should there be a cure for kryptonite? Well, that depends on the author, I think. If you, as an author, decided that Superman's blood is needed, maybe for enabling Lois to conceive his child (or survive its birth), then there should not be a cure found beforehand, or there wouldn't be a next generation. But even if you don't need Superman's blood for anything in your universe, a cure for kryptonite is not something you should introduce lightly because the mere possibility that there could be a kryptonite encounter does spice up any a-plot.

So, do I enjoy stories where Superman gets hit by kryptonite? I don't think this is a simple yes-or-no question. Some stories are great and only because of the effects of kryptonite, and some have a very vulnerable Clark Kent as a main character. Other stories show just how weird the effects of some varieties of kryptonite can be: We've seen Clark get addicted, aggressive (I think), treat Lois like a pet, be turned into a 'super stud' and so on.

I guess, as with every other plot device, it's not the device that counts, but how the story is written.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)