Originally posted by Classicalla:
Classicalla, he didn't say that your guesses were wrong. He just said you needed to ask clarifying questions rather than make two or more guesses.
Yes, I know. I meant my comment as a joke, but I did give my reasoning on my ‘guesses’. And the question about ‘one question’ was a joke. I didn’t expect the last question to be answered. And while 'guesses' (without reasoning) were not accepted in part 2 (as James said they killed the game for him), they were accepted in part 3 without any reasoning whatsoever. I thought as long as we gave reasoning we were allowed to 'guess' even if we think it could be more than one person for the same #:
If you think you know the answer give your reasons for your guess and post the number and the name and I will say yes or no.
And since the Griffins were brothers (OOPS - father and son), I thought the reasoning for both would be pretty much the same. I was already going to ask (and, no, I'm not upset), but were the rules changed midstream here (in part 3) since guesses without any reasoning whatsoever were allowed? I'm confused. Why answer the question about Ryan Wiley but not the Griffins? Especially since smileyD asked about 2 people (I asked about 3) but wasn’t given the answer. So if we have good reasoning for either ‘guess’ we are not to guess? (Did that make sense? rotflol ) But, yes, I agree with CarolM that # 3 seems to be Edwin Griffin. And here’s an interesting fact: Harold Gould, who played Edwin Griffin, has a PhD in theatre.

Sorry Classicalla, but just doesn't seem fair two guess more that one person for the same number. And I am not singling you out. SmileyD did the same thing.
I was in the process of preparing my above answer when you posted this... But you did answer questions like this when more than one person was guessed for the same clue before (game 2) - thus the confusion. (And I asked three people for the same question - you answered one of them - the one about Ryan Wiley.) So I'm still confused as to what the rules are.

And new questions popped up, so now my questions are moot, since we have all the answers.

Hmmph... and I had this really great question: Was # 1 listed after the opening credits (the ones listed after the main players), at the end, or was he uncredited?
I took your comment as a joke, but Elisabeth cautioned me that there might be more to it than meets the eye. And, since I am a wise man, I listen to the counsel of my spouse. smile

Honestly, it was never my intention to allow double/triple (gasp) quadruple guesses for the same numbered individual, but depending on my mood and the time of day, sometimes I just went with the flow, other times, not.

When both you and SmileyD did the same basic thing back to back, I just decided I needed to put my foot down. (and fervently hoping to miss toes.) I didn't want this to be all rulesy. I want everyone to have fun, including me.

So, the general outline of rules will be this, from now on, barring episodes of insanity on my part.

1. Any number of questions, within reason. (related questions for multiple people is ok, 10 different questions about multiple people, nope.) This could be subject to change if abused.

2. No multiple guesses for the same individule in the same post. This also means that you can't post twice for the same individual before I have a chance to answer.

3. You must supply the thing that gave it away along with your guess.

I hope this makes sense.

I will not start the next game until August 4, as this coming week is going to be insane enough. We are going on a mission trip to Texas for Buckner International and will have limited access and mental energy.
smile

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!