Actually, Kathy, I'm thinking along the same lines as you but on an even bigger scale. I'm just not sure how they are going to keep this show going through the end of this season then at least one season more. Of course, they can focus on Lex's journey toward evil, which with Michael Rosenbaum's talent will be just amazing. But now that there should be no more Clark/Lana angst (crossing my fingers on that one), what in the world are they going to give Clark to do?

I will get pretty sick of this show if they go back to FOTWs again. I know he has a couple of superpowers left to obtain, but if they are sticking to the "no flights, no tights" commitment, that's one we'll never explore. After superhearing, what else is there?

So unless Clark goes off into the world, I just see him now outgrowing Smallville. I guess I'm just scared that they are going to revert to formula shows and Smallville will jump the shark. Then again, they've kept me enthralled so far so I guess I should have a little faith.

As for the Dean versus Tom debate, I can truly admit that if both men showed up at my door at the same time, I'd be faced with the Impossible Choice. I find them both so compelling but in completely different ways. Guess it's a good thing that I have a better chance of being struck by lightening after buying a winning multi-million dollar lottery ticket than this ever happening <g>. Not that I would mind wrestling with such a decision, of course, so Tom and/or Dean, if you're reading, my address is...

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah