Hey Smallville Groupies -

So, Wow!! I mean, really, WOW!!!!

Last night's episode - Shattered - was probably the best acted and most intense Smallville ever. At the end, I think I sat gaping at my screen for a full five minutes.

This has to be the fork in the road for Lex. Somehow, someway, he's going to see that Clark betrayed him by leaving and letting those evil doctors haul him off and lock him in the loony bin. I'll bet anything that this is what sparks off the whole Lex hates Clark thing.

And that Michael Rosenblum. He just blew me away! I wanted to give him a big hug. And I also have to finally give kudos to John Glover who I thought actually really did a great job - his emotions seemed totally authentic in that end scene.

The whole Lana gets trampled by a horse stuff - I really think they could have left all of that out. It didn't add to the story at all. I almost would have had them have that happen to Chloe because it makes more sense that Chloe would have been looking out for Lex. But hey, they had to give Kristen something to do.

I must say that I'm really wondering how they are going to handle the fact that Lex has seen Clark in action and knows the truth. I know they set up a whole memory-loss thing, but really. It's bound to come back to haunt Clark. And this is really the nail on the coffin for any of us buying that Lex would never connect Superman and Clark in later years. Come on!

Anyway, I for one thought this episode was spectacular. They had all pistons firing, and if MR doesn't get some kind of Emmy nod for his performance, I'll know that the whole thing is rigged.

Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah