Well, I just watched my tape tonight, so I'm weighing in late, too. smile

But for the record, although I have been enjoying Smallville, you will never be able to convince me that Tom Welling is all that, especially when compared to Dean. In fact, I'm offended at the mere idea of it. <vbg>

Very powerful episode ... and yes, MR did an amazing job. Totally wanted to hug him. He is by far the best thing about that show ... the guy blows me away. I wish he were playing the Clark Kent character ... now *he* might be able to get closer to Dean on the hunk-o-meter. wink

I still don't trust Lionel as far as I can throw him ... evil, evil, evil! He *is* the Lex Luthor character of this universe, and poor Lex is one of his many victims. I just hope Lionel eventually gets his ... and boy, did it feel good to have Lex pistol-whip him!! goofy

I'm glad Edge is dead as a doornail now ... no way to bring him back, unless Gretchen Kelly is on call. wink I knew they'd bring him back eventually, so I'm actually glad he met his demise this way ... I figured he'd come back to haunt Clark when he became Superman years in the future.

As for Lana ... well, she is right, though it's too bad it had to get to this point for Clark. Poor boy is going to have a hard time opening up to Lois when he grows up, that's for sure! But, of course, if his Lois is anything like ours, she's going to smack him upside the head for even suggesting she might be safer away from him and make him accept his true partner in life. But it's an interesting way to set up his future personality as an adult Clark dealing with this secret. Assuming they don't backtrack on it later on this show, of course.

As for poor Lexie-baby, I think we're supposed to believe that he won't remember what Clark can do because of the drugs making him lose his short-term memory ... but I will bet that when he does re-enter the real world, there is going to be some question about what he knows or doesn't know. I can just picture some scenes with him being all buddy-buddy with Clark, only to turn to the camera with an angry look on his face after Clark leaves. Shiver!

It will be interesting to see what they have planned for the rest of the season. This ending was so dark and depressing that it made me think it should have been a season finale, instead of a regular December ep.

Kathy