well, it doesn't look like phil's going to be checking back, so i guess we should have someone else post the next pic. i tried to choose another winner, but ran up against some problems. basically, i liked too many of them, and i didn't want to insult any perfectly good captions by not choosing them twice. so, i picked out my favorites, then resorted to a nearby lucky canadian penny i randomly found on my desk last week. the penny has chosen...

rivka!

congratulations, rivka! you write good captions, and are loved by small bits of canadian currency.

Paul

p.s. for those wondering, i keep a canadian nickel in my walled because i think they're cool (they actually still have a noticible nickel content, as opposed to american nickels), and i have a vague memory of some well-meaning family member finding a penny from our last trip to canada, remembering that i liked canadian coins, and giving it to me. i put it on my desk, where it was promptly lost for some length of time, only to resurface in time to help with my caption dilemma.

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.