Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Karen Caption Competition XIII - 11/11/03 10:11 AM
Well, since we hit 47 posts on the old thread, I figured it was time for a new one. Let's see what you can do with this picture. *grin*

[Linked Image]
Posted By: lynnm Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/11/03 10:30 AM
Clark: You sure there's nothing there? I had Antonio's spinach salad for lunch, and I swear I felt something...
Posted By: daneel Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/11/03 10:34 AM
Lois: "I told you that trying to scare her wasn't enough to keep Cat far from you."

Jose smile1
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/11/03 02:05 PM
Okay, my first time here... let's give it a shot.

---

Clark: Ha, ha, ha! Look at your make-up!

---

Stupid, I know.
See ya,
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/11/03 02:37 PM
cat: that was a long appointment.

clark: what?

cat: you ran out of the newsroom five hours ago, saying you'd forgotten a dentist's appointment.

clark: oh, that appointment. yeah. it was... uh... a thorough cleaning. see?

---

cat: clark, i don't know how to say this, but you've got this strange heavenly light shining down on you.

clark thinking: i can't tell her about that accident with the florescent dye that superman cleared up. gotta think fast.

clark out loud: really? wow. that ultra-brightening toothpaste must be better than i thought!

---

clark: i am the ghost of christmas past! <evil cackle>

cat: oh yeah? well, i am the ghost of cristmas presents. wanna to go somewhere and... unwrap?

perry: judas priest! can't anyone get anything right? take this seriously, people! the daily planet christmas pagent is only two weeks away, and you're still messing around! clark, what did i tell you about making that face? that is not an appropriate expression for a ghost! cat, stick to the script! and jimmy! get that light fixed already! it is not supposed to be shining on the back of his head!

---

voice from on high: clark kent, you have been chosen!

voice: you have been chosen.

clark: for what? and what's that giant floating arrow thing? why is it poking me? what's that clicking sound? hey, that tickles!

lois: <sigh> things just haven't been the same since they put us on DVD...

---

clark: hey, what's this?

lois: it's a sculpture or something. they're doing a sidebar on it for the arts page.

clark: a sculpture?

lois: yeah, it's supposed to make some statement about how, no matter what the fashion industry says about a woman's figure, we're all models, and we should learn to see our inner beauty. or maybe it was that we're all mindless puppets who are told what to wear and how to act, and it's all decided by the whims of big corperations. something like that.

clark: all that from a maniquin with a mirror for a face. okay. well, whatever it's supposed to mean, maybe it'll help me figure out why this tooth feels funny...
Posted By: Julie S Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/11/03 08:39 PM
Anna, actually I thought yours was funny- short and simple. I just woke up, but still. smile

-----------------
Clark: Ooooh, Lois, I like your hair when it's long. Can I eat it?
-----------------
Like I said, I just woke up.

Julie
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/12/03 03:19 PM
Clark: Hey, friendly warning -- you stay away from Lois, or you'll find you're not the only one around here who can bite...

PJ
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/13/03 08:32 PM
Unfortunately, the network decided not to air the Lois&Clark/Hannibal the Cannibal crossover.
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/13/03 08:41 PM
Cat: ...so then she just kinda glares at the guy and shows her teeth--just like you're doing now--and all of a sudden, this thing shoots out of her mouth and goes down the guy's throat! Of course the *really* gross part was later in the movie, when this weird, ugly creature pops out of his stomach and he dies. Gee, I'm sure glad all that stuff is just fiction; I mean, it would be wierd if aliens were really like that! Don't you think so, Clark? CLARK???
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 02:17 AM
What next (caption, winner, picture...end of thread)?

Carole smile1
Posted By: Karen Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 06:39 AM
Whoops, sorry about that. Let's see.. who to pick, who to pick... I choose...

voice from on high: clark kent, you have been chosen!

voice: you have been chosen.

clark: for what? and what's that giant floating arrow thing? why is it poking me? what's that clicking sound? hey, that tickles!

lois: <sigh> things just haven't been the same since they put us on DVD...
Hatman!

*click*click*click*click* Tickle Clark!

You're up!

(I am SO not awake right now wink )
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 01:15 PM
he-he. being sleepy-punchy is fun. smile glad you liked, karen. smile

so, new pic. hmm. tough choice. let's see what you can do with this:

[Linked Image]

Paul
Posted By: Nqoire Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 01:25 PM
Cat: And I thought you had bad taste in clothes, Lois.
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 01:54 PM
--

Superman: And there I thought I was the only superhero in Metropolis...
Lois: Obviously, you're not.
Cat: ...Yeah... and look at that guy's abs!!

--

AnnaBtG. laugh
Posted By: KathyB Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 04:04 PM
Superman: "Hey, cool full length mirror ... is that really what I look like in this costume?"

Lois: "Eee! The color of this blouse does nothing for my complexion!"

Cat: "Whoa, look at my abs. I look fantastic in a bikini!"

Kathy
Posted By: rivka Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 06:07 PM
Superman: Uh-oh.

Lois: I don't know what that is, but I am strangely drawn to it. Must-- join--

Cat: I-R-C . . . Must-- chat--
Posted By: Crazy_Babe Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/18/03 10:53 PM
Superman: Wow! I'm stuck between two women. I'm in Heaven!
Lois: How dare Cat lay a hand on Superman she knows he's mine!
Cat: Mmmm...Nice muscles!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/19/03 02:40 AM
Cat: Chief, ever considered hiring a fashion coach? Your ties really suck!

Lois: yeah, it's even worse than Clark's!

Superman : that's not true!! I mean my ties are a lot better than...this...'Alice in Graceland' thing. *beat* Uh-oh, someone's in trouble (wooshes off).
Posted By: Karen Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/19/03 06:44 AM
The whole newsroom was shocked when Perry started to dance and strip to the music....
Posted By: Tarkas Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/20/03 02:46 PM
Superman just wasn't powerful enough to defeat Ymir, the frost giant. Triple heat vision was needed to melt that much ice, and so the Man of Steel called for help from Ultra Woman and... Bikini Girl! clap

Phil
Posted By: Wanda Detroit Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/20/03 05:10 PM
TV: "...bottom of the ninth and the score is TIED UP!"

LOIS: "Come on, Yankees!!!!!"
CAT: "Let's go, Marlins! ...Superman, who do YOU want to win the World Series?"
SUPERMAN: "I am NOT going to get involved in this one, girls."
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/20/03 06:26 PM
Lois: I can't...believe it. He's finally gone.
Cat: I...I...I'm just speechless.
Superman: Ladies...um, it's just a ficus tree.
Lois: Just a ficus?! It wasn't just a ficus! You don't just replace them like you do fish or...or friends!
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/21/03 07:58 PM
Cat: EW! That cockroach is *HUGE*!!!
Lois: Smash it, Superman!
Superman: What are you ladies screaming about? It's just a little---*WHOAH!* That thing *IS* Huge!!!
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/21/03 08:03 PM
Lois: Look where it comes again!

Cat: Angels and ministers of grace defend us!

Clark: What are you talking about? And why is Perry wearing that armour?
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/23/03 04:41 PM
hmm. well, been a couple of days, and no new captions. so, time to move on. looking through the posted captions, it's a tough call, as usual. some real good ones here, and so different, too.

otoh, i've also noted that i seem to be the only one who looks at the pic and thinks in terms of the angel on the right shoulder and the devil on the left. then again, their expressions aren't particularly condusive to that idea. oh well.

back to picking a winner. too many good ones! well, no such thing, really, but it does make it hard on me. i think, tho, that i'm going to have to go with the one that came right out of the blue (both the caption and the poster, come to think). it doesn't really make sense, but that's part of the fun.

Superman just wasn't powerful enough to defeat Ymir, the frost giant. Triple heat vision was needed to melt that much ice, and so the Man of Steel called for help from Ultra Woman and... Bikini Girl!
rotflol

you're up, phil!

Paul
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/27/03 02:23 PM
Phil?

Phil?

PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!

AnnaBtG. laugh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/28/03 03:11 AM
Phil?
Phil?
PHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!
My thought exactly...

Carole smile1
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/28/03 01:23 PM
well, it doesn't look like phil's going to be checking back, so i guess we should have someone else post the next pic. i tried to choose another winner, but ran up against some problems. basically, i liked too many of them, and i didn't want to insult any perfectly good captions by not choosing them twice. so, i picked out my favorites, then resorted to a nearby lucky canadian penny i randomly found on my desk last week. the penny has chosen...

rivka!

congratulations, rivka! you write good captions, and are loved by small bits of canadian currency.

Paul

p.s. for those wondering, i keep a canadian nickel in my walled because i think they're cool (they actually still have a noticible nickel content, as opposed to american nickels), and i have a vague memory of some well-meaning family member finding a penny from our last trip to canada, remembering that i liked canadian coins, and giving it to me. i put it on my desk, where it was promptly lost for some length of time, only to resurface in time to help with my caption dilemma.
Posted By: rivka Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/28/03 03:15 PM
EEP! I knew there was some reason I needed to check here before I headed offline for the next 30 hours or so.

Arg, finding a picture. Eenie, meenie, minie-- how about this one?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 11/28/03 04:12 PM
It's way past midnight and I got inspired. Please, don't shoot.

---

Perry: Of course, I was a very good friend of Elvis. I was by his side when he died.
Jimmy: Be careful, Chief... the man you're talking to was Elvis's doctor!

---

Perry: Don't I look gorgeous? Alice will be thrilled to see me after spending so much time away from me.
Jimmy: Hmm, not so sure, Chief... I saw her holding a handgun.

---

Perry: And then, I caught the lion and... Jimmy? Jimmy? Aren't you listening to me?
Jimmy: Sorry, Chief... Who's the hot blonde over there?

---

Perry: Well, I don't wanna brag, but after our fight Harry couldn't walk for a month.
Jimmy: Harry? Wait, wasn't he the one who kicked your...
Perry: One more word, Jimmy, and you're fired.

---

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: rivka Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/01/03 07:29 PM
huh Ok, so it wasn't a great picture. Anna did a pretty good job with it, at least! I especially liked
Perry: Well, I don't wanna brag, but after our fight Harry couldn't walk for a month.
Jimmy: Harry? Wait, wasn't he the one who kicked your...
Perry: One more word, Jimmy, and you're fired.
Anna, you're up!
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/02/03 03:17 PM
Hmm... I don't know if I should be flattered laugh

Anyway, try this image:

[Linked Image]

Have fun!
AnnaBtG.
Posted By: Karen Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/02/03 03:34 PM
"Clark! When I said I needed to blow-dry my hair, it was NOT a suggestion that you do it for me!"
Posted By: KathyB Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/02/03 04:18 PM
"Well, yes, you see, I suppose it was a dangerous situation, being held captive by six large men with guns, but an intrepid reporter like me doesn't let things like that intimidate her! All I had to do was wait until they had me surrounded and then I flipped my hair like *this* and one went down. And then I flipped my hair again, and another one went down! And I flipped and I flipped and pretty soon, they were all unconscious and I could just walk out and call Henderson. Really, Perry, I don't know why you think I should have called for Superman ... I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

Kathy
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/02/03 04:24 PM
"Clark! I knew our kids would likely have super-powers, but I didn't count on a newborn being able to blow my hair to oblivion when he sneezed!"

Wendy wink
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/02/03 05:57 PM
Lois: Kids! No playing 'Hurricane' in the house! That is an outside game!!

JD
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/02/03 09:47 PM
"no! i won't let you hurt the ficus, nor! you can huff and you can puff, but if you want to blow that tree down, you'll have to go through me!"

---

"i heard that back in smallville your old girlfriend, lana, used to flip her hair a lot. i'm told guys find it sexy. do you like it when i do this?"

---

"...so the cop pulled me over for obstructing traffic! i said the signs i'd passed all said 1, and that's why i'd been going so slowly. he told me it was just the route number, not the speed limit. then he asked if i was okay. i guess i was a bit tired, but otherwise i was fine. well, that and having just come off route 195..."

---

"you're excused, clark."

---

"okay, that's it! no more spin changes in the living room!"
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/05/03 02:00 PM
LOL, many good lines here. Difficult choice...
I'll go for this one:

"no! i won't let you hurt the ficus, nor! you can huff and you can puff, but if you want to blow that tree down, you'll have to go through me!"
LOL! rotflol Paul, you're next!

AnnaBtG.
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/05/03 04:29 PM
hey, thanks! glad you liked it. smile not quite sure what kind of tree that is in the background, but you can never go wrong with a ficus reference. wink

so, new pic...

let's see what you guys make of this one:

[Linked Image]

Paul
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/05/03 08:33 PM
"...To die, to sleep;
To Sleep, perchance to dream. Ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause..."
Posted By: Julie S Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/05/03 10:13 PM
Superman: It's not fair. These dolls, I mean. I look so much better than that.

Julie smile
Posted By: daneel Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/06/03 08:53 AM
Left Policeman to the right: "Psst, do you think he'll give me it back?"

Jose smile1
Posted By: KathyB Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/06/03 09:22 AM
Superman: <Gasp!> "You mean you have an Annette with a shrinking potion in the Alt Universe, too??"

Kathy
Posted By: Saskia Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/06/03 10:01 AM
Superman: "Oh my God! Why does this Superman doll have Lois's face? With short hair even? It looks terrible!"

Saskia
Posted By: Anna B. the Greek Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/06/03 01:47 PM
Superman: I figured that, since this is a *Superman* doll, it would be free of charge for me... nobody told me I should pay!!

AnnaBtG. laugh
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/07/03 09:06 PM
[Temporary insanity]

Superman: Now if I only had a Barbie...

[/Temporary insanity]

----------------------

Superman: Now listen; this has to stop! I didn't bring you to life just so you could go around killing people!

----------------------

S: Hey, this is the doll I gave Lois! Why are there pins in his face and stomach?

--------------------

"Look, mr. Thumb---"

"Please, call me Tom."

"Fine. Look, Tom, it's nice that you want to be a superhero, but that costume idea is allready taken!"
Posted By: Shadow Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/08/03 12:16 AM
"My hair looks. so. much. better. in real life. Ugh. What they did to this doll is a travesty. And have you even looked at the outfit? Girlfriend, that just screams fashion police! I demand a recall!"

JD
Posted By: HatMan Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/09/03 02:09 PM
okay, looks like it's time for a new pic (and a new thread). that means it's time for me to pick a winner. why must you people make it so hard for me? yes, i love reading the captions, but then i have to pick just one...

alright, alright.... reviewing in my current mood, the winner is...

william shakespere!

what? ... oh. so, he can't post pics? ... you'd think he'd still have net access... you sure? ... okay then. ... the winner is...

queen of the capes!

Paul
Posted By: Queen of the Capes Re: Caption Competition XIII - 12/10/03 08:14 PM
YAY! smile1 Thanks, Hatman! *runs off to find a picture*
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards