Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Is it necessary that Superman and Ultra Woman get married as opposed to Lois and Clark? If LnC are already married legally, and nobody knows about the destruction of Krypton, they could always say that their union had already been sanctified (is that the right word?) "elsewhere". wink
I just noticed your question, Virginia. While it isn't "required" that they do (you know, different culture's perspectives on families and all that. For all the non-supers know, Ultra-Woman's culture is a single-woman culture and doesn't feel the need or desire to get married) I suspect there's an element of "they need respectability" to this.

Lois is Ultra-Woman and not only are there rumors about her getting involved with Clark a la SLV but she's also pregnant. shock I think it's their way of throwing people off the scent (although I can VERY easily seeing this backfire on them).

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)