Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
It would totally depend on the state. I was married in 2007 in NY. All I had to do was (with my now-husband) go to one of the local town halls, show our ids, and sign some paperwork (to have the information down - names, the church we were marrying at, the wedding date, etc. We went for lunch, came back and hour later, and the paperwork was waiting for us - since we were not being married by a JOP, but having a church wedding.

If you are having Superman and UltraWoman exchange vows in a church, they have their own separate requirements. I was married in a Roman Catholic church and had to (with my now-husband) attend pre-martial classes (also known as pre-Canaan classes). I don't know about other faiths.
I really do want them to have licenses, but I'm not sure they'd be able to show ID (for the record, I think that's consistent enough across states to assume that New Troy would require it or something similar). Then again, I think I was going to have them elope somehow so I guess that could circumvent that.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)