Originally posted by Christina:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] It would totally depend on the state. I was married in 2007 in NY. All I had to do was (with my now-husband) go to one of the local town halls, show our ids, and sign some paperwork (to have the information down - names, the church we were marrying at, the wedding date, etc. We went for lunch, came back and hour later, and the paperwork was waiting for us - since we were not being married by a JOP, but having a church wedding.

If you are having Superman and UltraWoman exchange vows in a church, they have their own separate requirements. I was married in a Roman Catholic church and had to (with my now-husband) attend pre-martial classes (also known as pre-Canaan classes). I don't know about other faiths.
I really do want them to have licenses, but I'm not sure they'd be able to show ID (for the record, I think that's consistent enough across states to assume that New Troy would require it or something similar). Then again, I think I was going to have them elope somehow so I guess that could circumvent that. [/b]
Either way, they would need to have a license. You can't marry at a church without the license from the state, so no worries there! (You sign the license typically after the ceremony, sometimes before, or, in our case, our priest had us sign at the rehearsal two days prior to the wedding for a time saver.)

I can see it being easier for Superman to get some ID. UltraWoman is harder because of the mask.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon