Too true, research everything. Even the most unlikely, completely made-up facts. You might find otu that these things actually exist.

In a small story I once wrote, I had Lois and Clark's kids mess up a turkey recipe for Lois. Going way out there, I decided that they'd invent something for a stuffing. The most unlikely thing I could come up with was gingerbread stuffing for their Thanksgiving turkey - and that Lois would fall for it.

Needless to say, a quick search with google confirmed what I'd never thought possible: There is indeed a recipe for a gingerbread-stuffed turkey floating around, and comments indicated that it must be delicious. Who would've guessed? eek Certainly not me.

I know from a fellow fanfic writer who had one of her original characters turn out to be a criminal. That characters first name was very common, but his last name was invented. Made up out of thin air.

A couple of months later, she found some hatemail in her (email) inbox, written by someone whose name matched that of her original character. cat

So, yeah, check and double-check and even triple-check even the most unlikely things, just in case.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)