For the purposes of the Archive, a complete story will have a distinct beginning, middle and end. It will not end in a cliffhanger or 'To Be Continued...'

A series of stories works in much the same way as a series of novels. Some series of novels contain books which are complete stories in their own right, yet still part of an over-arcing whole. The Narnia series, for example. Each adventure comes to a distinct end at the end of each book, but they form a series overall.

Other series of novels have each book ending with a cliffhanger and to be continued.

The Archive accepts the first type of series, but not the second.

For your two stories, specifically, it's difficult to decide without reading entire stories. I had a quick look at the end of GEM, but couldn't really tell either way if it was a definite ending or a TBC.

It would be a definite ending, I guess, if the adventure contained in that story had been concluded and the conversation with Lois and Jimmy was just end-of-episode type banter to round things up. But, again, I really couldn't tell definitively either way on just that small section of end text. Sorry!

Perhaps you can match the explanation above with your more comprehensive knowledge of the story as a whole and figure it out either way.

Hope that helps. smile

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers