Originally posted by ccmalo:
Which made me think: define "angst".
I think this is the biggest problem with implementing such a system. Setting aside my personal dislike of warnings in general, I have read a few fics in which the author has warned of angst, and when I got to the end I was confused and disappointed, and wondered where the angst actually was because I never came across any. See, I *like* a bit of angst, but what some people class as 'angst' I class as a small, easily resolved argument/misunderstanding etc.

Bascially, anything under a yellow on the BAMR I would not consider angst, and I have to wonder whether I would class some (obv. currently theoretical) yellows as angsty, either.

Still, if anyone ever is worried about the level of angst in my fics, feel free to send me a PM and ask, because the closest you will get to a warning from me is a statement along the lines of 'I don't like warnings, so I'm not giving any'.

- Alisha (who, despite how this reply may sound, does understand why people like Bob who don't like angst, may wish for such a system)