Somethings I've had in my purse that aren't usual would be a pair of pliers. My headlight was out and I can't get it out to replace without using pliers. Then when I travel I carry a pretty big purse so since I wanted to take my camera gear on as my carry on I stuck several days worth of under garmets and the barest of make-up in my purse.(Friends had suggested this since the airline had lost their luggage for a day or two) Of course as Murphy's Law must kick in I was pulling my wallet out at the car rental desk and the underwear started coming out also. The woman at the desk had a good laugh but said she had seen similar things before. Next time I made sure to have room in my camera bag to put the underwear.

I don't find it so unusual what most women carry but I've heard some men ask women for some unusual things just assuming we carry everything in the word in our purses. I had a guy ask me for a screw driver once. Hey I carry tools in my car but not my purse. Do you guys have any idea how heavy a purse is with standard stuff.