Yes, I hate to see any story not finished. But for several reasons I stopped reading any story unless I'm a beta reader for it until it is finished. The reasons are as follows.

1. With months passing between postings it is hard to keep stories straight.

2. Stories not being finished, especially when they are long stories (several hundred KB) and then the author just stops. I like many other readers don't have the time to put in on a story that isn't ever finished. I realized that real life gets in the way but surely at some point things get resolved and the story could be finished.

3. Then the biggest reason is that I printed out all the indexes for stories here (for both fic and nfic) to see if there were finished stories that I hadn't saved from the archives. Well in comparing the list against my harddrive I noticed a substantal number of unfinished stories and a few authors that routinely left stories unfinished. I won't mention names but I'm now making it a point since I started this thread of not even downloading any of the chapters for their stories until the story is finished since it seems unlikely that it will ever been finished by past performance.

SO PLEASE IF YOU HAVE STARTED A STORY FINISH IT. AND IF YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM WITH FINDING AN ENDING SAY SO AND I'M SURE YOU CAN GET HELP FROM PEOPLE HERE ON THE BOARDS. EVEN IF YOU CAN'T WRITE (ME) WE CAN COME UP WITH IDEAS TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR ENDING. thumbsup